10 March 2012

The Gratitude Post

I'm writing a weekly post to express gratitude for everything I have been blessed with in my life. Will you join me in sharing just five things you are grateful for this week?

This week I'm grateful for:

My bread machine: Even though I am interested in and aiming for a more gluten-free diet, I still use my bread machine sort of frequently and I'm very thankful that I have it. Without it, I wouldn't have had fresh cinnamon raisin bread for breakfast this morning.

My tea cup: It's blue, it's a decent size and I love it.

My electric tea pot: It boils water in minutes! Tea is never far from my hands with its awesomeness on my counter.

My hot water bottle: I never thought that it would be filled with water and carried around like a baby. A baby that eats, uses the toilet, goes to sleep in the bed and gets wrapped up in blankets. I'm glad I have it for such uses when "real" baby dolls just don't cut it.

Break: This past week was spring break. Could have fooled me, but at least I didn't have to "work" every day. It was sort of nice, minus the fact that Piper's new early rising time the past two days has been 5 - 5:30 am; a new personal best. She knew it was break time.

2 comments:

  1. Hot water bottle! What a concept.
    I've been "aiming" for gluten free too. I'm just about ready to take it all the way.
    I got a book for Christmas that has lots of Gluten Free recipes with directions to adapt for bread machines. I will start experimenting at some point. Bread is the really hard part. (although I'm the only one who can't seem to live without it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now they fight over it...the hot water bottle...ha! :)

      I think bread is what the problem is for me too...and bagels, which totally qualify as bread, I know, but bear their own category. There's also this garlic tuscan loaf of bread at Wegmans that I slobber up. And barley. So...other than that........:)

      Delete